'Sound packs keep loading as I change from one open score to another, how to keep them in memory?'

Messages in this thread

Sound packs keep loading as I change from one o... - RobinHood, 04 Dec 05:39PM
     Re: Sound packs keep loading as I change from o... - Chris Crawley, 04 Dec 06:05PM

Sound packs keep loading as I change from one open score to another, how to keep them in memory?
Posted by RobinHood - 04 Dec 05:39PM
I have some quite large scores and I put in an SSD so that the sound packs load quickly.

They load pretty quick, but some do still take time as there are so many instruments.

What's odd is that as I swap from one score to another they keep reloading when each window comes into focus.

I have 24GB of RAM in the system, so more than enough to keep them all loaded at any given time.

Is there a setting or something I can do to stop this from happening?

Thanks

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sound packs keep loading as I change from one open score to another, how to keep them in memory?
Posted by Chris Crawley - 04 Dec 06:05PM
Check Preferences > Playback and look at the various options there.

--
Chris Crawley (composer and horn-player) using Dorico 1.1.10, Sibelius 7.1.3, NotePerformer 2.0.2, Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7, 3.30GHz, 64GB RAM, DacMagic 100

Back to top | All threads

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sound packs keep loading as I change from one o... - RobinHood, 04 Dec 05:39PM
     Re: Sound packs keep loading as I change from o... - Chris Crawley, 04 Dec 06:05PM