'Tab page - impossible to view more than 11 strings to tune them'

Messages in this thread

Tab page - impossible to view more than 11 stri... - George_Hatzimichelakis, 01 Dec 08:17PM
     Re: Tab page - impossible to view more than 11 ... - Kai Struck, 02 Dec 12:11PM
         Re: Tab page - impossible to view more than 11 ... - George_Hatzimichelakis, 04 Dec 07:29PM

Tab page - impossible to view more than 11 strings to tune them
Posted by George_Hatzimichelakis - 01 Dec 08:17PM (edited 02 Dec 08:24AM)
I want to make an uncommon tablature of 50 staff lines. Although it is possible to define the number (from 0 to 127) of the strings in the "General" window (Number of staff lines), then, in the "Tab" window, it is impossible to view all of them or to navigate up or down to tune each one string. Am I doing something wrong, or this is an intrinsic inability of Sibelius?

George
Edirol UA-5

Back to top | All threads

Re: Tab page - impossible to view more than 11 strings to tune them
Posted by Kai Struck - 02 Dec 12:11PM (edited 02 Dec 12:14PM)
Oh yes, only 11 lines are shown in the Tab-Window. So it is difficult to work with more lines but not impossible.
It seems when you add more lines, then in the Tab window they will appear at the top (and disappear on the bottom)
So you can select more lines but not all at the same time. AND not all lines appear at the top, some are still hidden "over the top". That means if you want to eg. edit a 20-line tab you have to start with 11,then add e.g. 5lines and so on. Finally to see the 20th line you have to add more lines (perhaps up to 30) and after that reset to 20.

A vertical scrollbar really is missing.

A 50-lines-Tab? Never seen such, interesting. Perhaps another workaround could be to use 5 x 10-lines-Tab.

--

Windows7 Pro, Lubuntu 15.10, Sibelius 7.1.3
Free Project: LibreOffice Songbook Architect (LOSA)
http://struckkai.blogspot.de/2015/04/libreofficesongbookarchitect.html

Re: Tab page - impossible to view more than 11 strings to tune them
Posted by George_Hatzimichelakis - 04 Dec 07:29PM (edited 04 Dec 07:35PM)
Thanks a lot Kai. Your help is treasurable.

I do not use the "poly-string"-Tab for a specific instrument. I use it in composition when forming extended (larger than 8chords) uncommon scales and I hope to help me (as a trick) in transposition by degree.

Thanks again.
George Hatzimichelakis

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Tab page - impossible to view more than 11 stri... - George_Hatzimichelakis, 01 Dec 08:17PM
     Re: Tab page - impossible to view more than 11 ... - Kai Struck, 02 Dec 12:11PM
         Re: Tab page - impossible to view more than 11 ... - George_Hatzimichelakis, 04 Dec 07:29PM