'Sib. 6.x: Fonts disappear after installation on laptop'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: Fonts disappear after installation on... - Douglas A Smith, 28 Nov 06:24AM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: Fonts disappear after installatio... - Douglas A Smith, 28 Nov 06:50AM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: Fonts disappear after installatio... - Bob Zawalich, 28 Nov 07:51AM
             Re: Sib. 6.x: Fonts disappear after installatio... - Robin Walker, 28 Nov 09:43AM

Sib. 6.x: Fonts disappear after installation on laptop
Posted by Douglas A Smith - 28 Nov 06:24AM (edited 28 Nov 08:09PM)
My main computer's sound has disappeared and no amount of fiddling helps, so I have to take it to the doctor for however long the analysis and fixing takes. Thus music composition stops.

I thought, not a big problem, I'll just install Sib on my laptop and continue working. But during installation I get a message that many fonts didn't transfer or aren't working. In practice this means that I see little boxes instead of noteheads. Thus the whole app is totally worthless on this computer. I looked through the Archive on the font topic and did not see any post that offered a solution.

Is there an easy fix for this? Another problem is that the laptop will not connect to our wireless internet. I managed to install by entering serial and computer numbers at the Sib register page via a desktop with internet access but can't download directly from Sib. I have the latest upgrades for 6.1, I believe.

I see the font names in the Extras>Postscript Fonts subdirectory but they don't show up on screen.

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 6.x: Fonts disappear after installation on laptop
Posted by Douglas A Smith - 28 Nov 06:50AM
It's all the Opus fonts that are missing. No explanation why in the error message, or what to do about it.

Posted by Bob Zawalich - 28 Nov 07:51AM
If you are using Sib 6, install Scorch and that will install the fonts.

--
Bob

An experienced user of Sibelius. Sib 1.2 - 8, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 32 G RAM. Year 2017.
For plugin lookup and categories see http://www.nycmusicservices.com/musicresources
For manual plugin installation see http://www.sibelius.com/download/plugins/index.html?help=install

Posted by Robin Walker - 28 Nov 09:43AM (edited 28 Nov 09:45AM)
If you did truly "install" Sibelius on the laptop, by running the Sibelius installer, then all the Sibelius fonts will have been installed at that time. The latest version of Sibelius 6 is Sibelius 6.2, not 6.1. 6.2 is required for installation on any recent operating system.

I suppose that it might be possible that you ran the "6.1 updater" rather than a full Sibelius installer. That would explain why it did not install the fonts. Try downloading and then installing the full Sibelius 6.2 installer from:
http://www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/updates/sib6_update_login.html

You have not told us whether this is on Mac OS or Windows. There is a common problem on Mac OS with Sibelius 6 fonts.

Do not attempt to install the "Postscript" fonts: these are not required.

--
Sibelius 8.7/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: Fonts disappear after installation on... - Douglas A Smith, 28 Nov 06:24AM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: Fonts disappear after installatio... - Douglas A Smith, 28 Nov 06:50AM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: Fonts disappear after installatio... - Bob Zawalich, 28 Nov 07:51AM
             Re: Sib. 6.x: Fonts disappear after installatio... - Robin Walker, 28 Nov 09:43AM