'Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius sound set'

Messages in this thread

Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius sou... - StevenMastin2, 27 Nov 10:39PM
     Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - Robin Walker, 27 Nov 10:50PM
         Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - StevenMastin2, 28 Nov 07:52PM
             Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - Robin Walker, 28 Nov 09:30PM
                 Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - StevenMastin2, 28 Nov 10:45PM
                     Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - Robin Walker, 29 Nov 08:58AM
                         Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - StevenMastin2, 08 Dec 05:28PM
                             Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - Robin Walker, 09 Dec 12:05AM
                                 Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - StevenMastin2, 10 Dec 11:12AM
                                     Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - StevenMastin2, 10 Dec 11:13AM
                                         Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - Robin Walker, 10 Dec 12:14PM

Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius sound set
Posted by StevenMastin2 - 27 Nov 10:39PM (edited 27 Nov 10:41PM)
I have the full version of Sibelius 8, and recently tried installing the Sibelius sound set for my operating system which is windows. I have downloaded the file, (all 23gb) it took 2hrs and a half and have extracted it too, which took an extra 30 minutes. But it is not clear what I do next. I now have an extracted folder called: Sibelius_Sounds_Win_99909

But what do I with that file? So I can actually use the sound set in Sibelius, at the moment general media 1 is my only playback configuration.

Your help is much appreciated.

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius sound set
Posted by Robin Walker - 27 Nov 10:50PM
Inside the folder, run the Sounds Installer.

--
Sibelius 8.7/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Posted by StevenMastin2 - 28 Nov 07:52PM
I have just tried that and a message popped up saying: Windows cannot find 'C:\windows\system32\Installer\SibeliusSoundsInstaller.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly then try again

Posted by Robin Walker - 28 Nov 09:30PM
You must un-zip the zip file "Sibelius_Sounds_Win_99909.zip" into a folder on hard disk before trying to launch the installer contained within. Right-click on it and select "Extract all".

--
Sibelius 8.7/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Posted by StevenMastin2 - 28 Nov 10:45PM
Which folder and where is my hard disk. I'm honestly so bad with computers.

Posted by Robin Walker - 29 Nov 08:58AM
> Which folder and where is my hard disk.

It doesn't matter. If you right click and "Extract all", a folder on hard disk will be created for you.

--

Posted by StevenMastin2 - 08 Dec 05:28PM
Should all the Sibelius files need to be saved in the same location? I've retried several times and still go that same message. But i do not think they are in then same place.

I know it can be done because I set it up on my old pc, i just seem to have little luck on this one.

Could the fact i still have it saved on my old PC the reason i am having trouble on his new one. 

Posted by Robin Walker - 09 Dec 12:05AM
You must launch the UNZIPPED installer program. Do not attempt to launch the installer from within the downloaded ZIP file.

--
Sibelius 8.7.2/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Posted by StevenMastin2 - 10 Dec 11:12AM (edited 10 Dec 11:12AM)
I am now seeing these messages.

Why is this such a pain, ugh?

Posted by StevenMastin2 - 10 Dec 11:13AM
another Picture

Posted by Robin Walker - 10 Dec 12:14PM
There were no pictures attached. On this forum, attachments must be (a) of size less than 1 MByte, and (b) of file types .sib or .png only. File type .jpg often does not work.

Take screen-shots with Windows Snipping Tool and save in .png format. Do not use photographs of the screen: they will be too large to attach.

--
Sibelius 8.7.2/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius sou... - StevenMastin2, 27 Nov 10:39PM
     Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - Robin Walker, 27 Nov 10:50PM
         Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - StevenMastin2, 28 Nov 07:52PM
             Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - Robin Walker, 28 Nov 09:30PM
                 Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - StevenMastin2, 28 Nov 10:45PM
                     Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - Robin Walker, 29 Nov 08:58AM
                         Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - StevenMastin2, 08 Dec 05:28PM
                             Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - Robin Walker, 09 Dec 12:05AM
                                 Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - StevenMastin2, 10 Dec 11:12AM
                                     Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - StevenMastin2, 10 Dec 11:13AM
                                         Re: Sibelius 8: Problem installing the sibelius... - Robin Walker, 10 Dec 12:14PM