'Sib. 7.1.3: Customizing the drop down symbol list'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.1.3: Customizing the drop down symbol list - Persephone, 21 Nov 08:14PM
     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Customizing the drop down symbo... - Laurence Payne, 23 Nov 11:01PM
         Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Customizing the drop down symbo... - Persephone, 28 Nov 08:35PM

Sib. 7.1.3: Customizing the drop down symbol list
Posted by Persephone - 21 Nov 08:14PM
I access the symbols list all the time but I only need a select handful of those symbols most of the time. It's incredibly time consuming to scroll through all the obscure symbols just to pick the ones that I use - is there a way to build a list of the ones you commonly use that can be accessed anytime you start a new score (so you're not having to rebuild a list over and over again?)

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Customizing the drop down symbol list
Posted by Laurence Payne - 23 Nov 11:01PM
If you re-define the Keyboard Shortcut 'Z' to 'Show Symbols dialogue' rather than 'Symbol' you'll get the old, more compact Symbols menu rather than the bloated gallery. Not to mention useful sizing (and other) options that didn't fit the Ribbon ethos. You still have to look for your Symbol, but there's a lot less scrolling required.

Similar regressive options are available for Lines, Time Signatures, Key Signatures...
Attachment Capture.PNG.png (52K)

Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Customizing the drop down symbol list
Posted by Persephone - 28 Nov 08:35PM
That is a huge help! Thank you so much. I have spent cumulatively so much time scrolling and scrolling through the other huge gallery!

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.1.3: Customizing the drop down symbol list - Persephone, 21 Nov 08:14PM
     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Customizing the drop down symbo... - Laurence Payne, 23 Nov 11:01PM
         Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Customizing the drop down symbo... - Persephone, 28 Nov 08:35PM