'Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Mona Lyn Reese, 09 Apr 06:39PM
     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Bob Morabito, 09 Apr 08:41PM
         Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Mona Lyn Reese, 09 Apr 11:25PM
             Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Bob Morabito, 10 Apr 12:49AM
                 Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Mona Lyn Reese, 10 Apr 01:01AM
                     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Sam at Sibelius, 10 Apr 01:16PM
                     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Mona Lyn Reese, 10 Apr 03:41PM
                         Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Sam at Sibelius, 10 Apr 09:03PM

Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac
Posted by Mona Lyn Reese - 09 Apr 06:39PM
Several of my pieces are published on Scorestreet.net. This site uses Scorch to let users view the music before buying. I tried to install Scorch several times today. Even though the installation seemed to work, I couldn't look at the music with Chrome or Firefox.

Scorch says it's installed, but it isn't! Now what!!!

Thanks
Mona

--
monareese.com
Sib 7, iMac, OS 10.7, Fatar keyboard 88, Eurorack mixer connected to a home stereo.
2 cats that sit on the piano whenever I'm not looking

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac
Posted by Bob Morabito - 09 Apr 08:41PM
Pls see this article for Sibelius Scorch plug-in compatibility

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/Sibelius-Scorch-plug-in-compatiblity

Also this:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/en362489

"Avid Knowledge Base
Scorch Installation Problems
Problems installing, viewing and playing back scores using Sibelius Scorch?

Last Updated : November 28, 2011
Products Affected : Scorch

Scorch Installation Problems

If you are having problems viewing and playing back music in your web browser after installing Scorch, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot:

Have you restarted your web browser?

The Scorch plug-in cannot fully install until your browser has been restarted.

Have you restarted your computer?

Restarting your computer can often remove processes which were preventing Scorch from installing or starting correctly.

Is your web browser compatible?

Scorch is supported on Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari browsers only. It is also recommend that you update to the latest available version of your web browser before installing or reinstalling Scorch. However, note that Scorch is currently not supported by Safari 5.1 or Chrome. Mac users running OS X 10.6 or 10.7 are advised to use Firefox in order to run the Scorch plug-in.

NB: Many modern web browsers are designed to run in 64 bit mode by default, which is currently unsupported by Scorch. Please see www.sibelius.com/A611 to ensure you are running your browser in 32 bit mode.

Are You Running Scorch in a 64 bit Web Browser?

Scorch is currently unsupported on browsers running in 64 bit mode. To use Scorch on one of these browsers, please see www.sibelius.com/A611.

Have you tried removing any older versions of Scorch before installing a newer one?

It's always useful to have a fresh installation. If you are not sure how to uninstall and reinstall Scorch on your computer, please see below for instructions:

Windows

Mac OS X

Affected Products and Versions
Scorch 1 to 6"

Thanks Bob

--
Bob Morabito
Sib 6.2, 7.1.3. 7.5 Mac OS 10.7.5 iMac 8GB RAM

Posted by Mona Lyn Reese - 09 Apr 11:25PM
I had already seen and tried to use those articles. I upgraded to Sibelius 7.5, deleted the old version of Scorch, installed the new one, restarted the computer and the browser. Then, I went to Scorestreet.net to see if I could look at any music. No. It doesn't work. Here's the error message I get:

I have contacted Scorestreet and Hal Leonard, but have not heard back from them yet.

--
monareese.com
Sib 7, iMac, OS 10.7, Fatar keyboard 88, Eurorack mixer connected to a home stereo.
Attachment hal error.png (39K)

Posted by Bob Morabito - 10 Apr 12:49AM
Youre welcome.

I believe the screen grab you attached isn't an error--I believe its for downloading a Scorch file.

Thanks Bob

PS There are more troubleshooting tips in that quoted article.

--
Bob Morabito
Sib 6.2, 7.1.3. 7.5 Mac OS 10.7.5 iMac 8GB RAM

Posted by Mona Lyn Reese - 10 Apr 01:01AM
Yes, it is for downloading a Scorch file, but it never downloads or opens. I click and click and click. Nothing happens.

--
monareese.com

Posted by Sam at Sibelius - 10 Apr 01:16PM
Mona,

Looks like Scorestreet.net isn't configured properly to deliver the music to you. Instead of hosting the scorch file and displaying it in a way that the Scorch plugin can use it, it prompts you to download the .sco file. As these files are encrypted, they are pretty useless to anyone this way.

We let Scorestreet.net know about this a long time ago but please get in touch with them yourself. I'm sure they can resolve this pretty easily.

Sam

--
Contact Sibelius technical help by email or phone:
www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/contact.html

www.sibelius.com/support

Posted by Mona Lyn Reese - 10 Apr 03:41PM
Thanks Sam!
They told us they fixed this last year. I'm going to forward them the message you just sent. At least I know I'm not going crazy.

--
monareese.com

Posted by Sam at Sibelius - 10 Apr 09:03PM
Thanks! Please pass on my email address to them too (click my name above) and they can contact me directly if needs be.

--
Contact Sibelius technical help by email or phone:
www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/contact.html

www.sibelius.com/support

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Mona Lyn Reese, 09 Apr 06:39PM
     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Bob Morabito, 09 Apr 08:41PM
         Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Mona Lyn Reese, 09 Apr 11:25PM
             Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Bob Morabito, 10 Apr 12:49AM
                 Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Mona Lyn Reese, 10 Apr 01:01AM
                     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Sam at Sibelius, 10 Apr 01:16PM
                     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Mona Lyn Reese, 10 Apr 03:41PM
                         Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Scorch won't install on Mac - Sam at Sibelius, 10 Apr 09:03PM