'Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Installer Error'

Messages in this thread

Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Installer E... - Asa Alex, 19 May 10:49AM
     Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Install... - Derek Bourgeois, 19 May 10:56AM
         Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Install... - Asa Alex, 19 May 11:18AM
             Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Install... - Derek Bourgeois, 19 May 02:02PM
                 Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Install... - Robin Walker, 19 May 03:20PM
                     Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Install... - Asa Alex, 19 May 03:31PM
                         Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Install... - Robin Walker, 19 May 05:29PM
                             Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Install... - Asa Alex, 19 May 06:27PM

Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Installer Error
Posted by Asa Alex - 19 May 10:49AM
Hi,

I've just got a copy of Sibelius First, and the program itself loaded on fine. I then tried to install the sound samples, and it repeatedly comes up with the error about 6 items in that says:

'There was a problem unpacking the data: '[Error 13] Permission denied'

The only option it gives is to click OK, which aborts the installation.

Does anyone now what is causing this error and how I can download the sounds without this happening?

Thanks

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Installer Error
Posted by Derek Bourgeois - 19 May 10:56AM
Try running the installation as Administrator. You don't say what your operating system is, so I'm giving advice assuming it's Windows.

--
Derek Bourgeois, Dorset UK
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit - Intel Xeon@3.47 Ghz - 24GB RAM - NVidia Quadro 5000 with 6143 graphics memory - 3 TB hard disks (of which 2 TB SSD), Sibelius 7.1.3, Vienna Symphonic Library Special Edition plus full percussion library. East West QL Symphonic Orchestra and Choirs. Sibelius 7 Sounds. M-Box. HP A3 8150 DN with duplex

Posted by Asa Alex - 19 May 11:18AM
I tried to run as administrator but I hit exactly the same error at the same point. I'm running Windows 8 by the way

Posted by Derek Bourgeois - 19 May 02:02PM
Could it be the anti=virus software?

--
Derek Bourgeois, Dorset UK
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit - Intel Xeon@3.47 Ghz - 24GB RAM - NVidia Quadro 5000 with 6143 graphics memory - 3 TB hard disks (of which 2 TB SSD), Sibelius 7.1.3, Vienna Symphonic Library Special Edition plus full percussion library. East West QL Symphonic Orchestra and Choirs. Sibelius 7 Sounds. M-Box. HP A3 8150 DN with duplex

Posted by Robin Walker - 19 May 03:20PM
How are you launching the sounds installer?

Make sure that you download the sounds installer to a known folder on your hard disk. Then locate that folder in Windows Explorer and double-click the installer .exe file.

Do not launch the installer from the web browser itself, using anything like "Download and Run".

--
Sibelius 7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 7.0.2, Dolet 6 for Sibelius, Windows 7 32-bit SP1, 4GB RAM

Posted by Asa Alex - 19 May 03:31PM
It's not getting caught up in any anti virus software, and I'm getting the software from a disk. I can't actually download it as it immediately runs from a menu from the disk. There are a list of options on the menu for the disk, such as 'Install Sibelius First' (which worked fine all the way through) and 'Install Sibelius First Sounds' (which is where the problem is arising)

Posted by Robin Walker - 19 May 05:29PM
When you launch the Sounds Installer from the disk, does it ask for permission to elevate to Administrator status? And then do you grant it?

Is there anything unusual about the security settings of this Windows installation? Is UAC enabled?

What version of Windows si this?

--
Sibelius 7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 7.0.2, Dolet 6 for Sibelius, Windows 7 32-bit SP1, 4GB RAM

Posted by Asa Alex - 19 May 06:27PM
When I launch the Sounds Installer, it asks if I 'allow the following program to make changes to this computer.' There is no mention of an Administrator, and I have tried 'running as Administrator', but the same error happens.

The UAC is enabled, but only to a 'moderate' setting- it notifies but does not block programs. Nothing else is unusual in the security settings

I am using Windows 8.

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Installer E... - Asa Alex, 19 May 10:49AM
     Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Install... - Derek Bourgeois, 19 May 10:56AM
         Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Install... - Asa Alex, 19 May 11:18AM
             Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Install... - Derek Bourgeois, 19 May 02:02PM
                 Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Install... - Robin Walker, 19 May 03:20PM
                     Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Install... - Asa Alex, 19 May 03:31PM
                         Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Install... - Robin Walker, 19 May 05:29PM
                             Re: Sib. First: Sibelius First 7 Sounds Install... - Asa Alex, 19 May 06:27PM