'Sib. 7.1: Unspecified error (1)'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.1: Unspecified error (1) - William Conable, 21 Jul 11:49PM
     Re: Sib. 7.1: Unspecified error (1) - Robin Walker, 22 Jul 10:18AM
         Re: Sib. 7.1: Unspecified error (1) - William Conable, 22 Jul 02:58PM
             Re: Sib. 7.1: Unspecified error (1) - Robin Walker, 22 Jul 03:16PM
                 Re: Sib. 7.1: Unspecified error (1) - William Conable, 22 Jul 06:27PM

Sib. 7.1: Unspecified error (1)
Posted by William Conable - 21 Jul 11:49PM (edited 21 Jul 11:52PM)
Suddenly, when I try to start Sibelius, I get an alert saying "Sibelius 7 Unspecified error (1)" and when I ok it, Sibelius goes away and doesn't start at all. I tried replacing the program with a backup from Time Machine a couple months old when I'm pretty sure it was working, but there was no change in the behavior. I suppose my next step might be to do a total reinstall from the program disks, but does anyone have any ideas about this?

Sibelius 6 does start, but of course it's no longer registered....

Thanks,
Bill Conable

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 7.1: Unspecified error (1)
Posted by Robin Walker - 22 Jul 10:18AM
See http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/error_message/en430511

--
Sibelius 7.1.2/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 7.0.2, Dolet 6 for Sibelius, Windows 7 32-bit SP1, 4GB RAM

Posted by William Conable - 22 Jul 02:58PM
I went to the article and followed all the instructions. (The problem seems to have stemmed from the fact that my motherboard was replaced recently for unrelated problems.) I deleted the Avid/Sibelius7 folder and tried to start Sibelius. I got the same error message. I deleted the folder again and repaired permissions. No help. I did not delete the folder and repaired permissions. No help. I manually changed the permissions on that folder to universal total access. No help. I also changed the permissions on the Avid/Common folder and the Avid folder itself to universal access. No help.

Help.

Posted by Robin Walker - 22 Jul 03:16PM
The article did not ask you to delete Avid/Sibelius 7: any deletions should take place only within the Avid/Licenses/ folder.

Can you check that you were operating on the System Library, rather than the User Library? They both have a hierarchy of similar folder names. The System Library (that you want here) starts at the root of hard disk with a folder /Library/ (which is hidden in Lion).

Can you also try directly launching Avid License Control, from Utilities?

--
Sibelius 7.1.2/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 7.0.2, Dolet 6 for Sibelius, Windows 7 32-bit SP1, 4GB RAM

Posted by William Conable - 22 Jul 06:27PM
Thank you, this worked. I didn't read the article carefully enough.

WGC

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.1: Unspecified error (1) - William Conable, 21 Jul 11:49PM
     Re: Sib. 7.1: Unspecified error (1) - Robin Walker, 22 Jul 10:18AM
         Re: Sib. 7.1: Unspecified error (1) - William Conable, 22 Jul 02:58PM
             Re: Sib. 7.1: Unspecified error (1) - Robin Walker, 22 Jul 03:16PM
                 Re: Sib. 7.1: Unspecified error (1) - William Conable, 22 Jul 06:27PM