'Sib. 7.1: Pickup bar Problems '

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.1: Pickup bar Problems - ezzerr, 30 Mar 06:39PM
     Re: Sib. 7.1: Pickup bar Problems - Bob Zawalich, 30 Mar 07:14PM
         Re: Sib. 7.1: Pickup bar Problems - ezzerr, 30 Mar 07:16PM
             Re: Sib. 7.1: Pickup bar Problems - Daniel Spreadbury, 30 Mar 10:12PM
                 Re: Sib. 7.1: Pickup bar Problems - Bob Zawalich, 31 Mar 05:53AM

Sib. 7.1: Pickup bar Problems
Posted by ezzerr - 30 Mar 06:39PM
Every new score that I create automatically gets created with the same pickup bar as the last score that I saved. I have been using the "re-size bar" plug-in to fix it and that works but I am finely getting tired of it.

~Ezra

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 7.1: Pickup bar Problems
Posted by Bob Zawalich - 30 Mar 07:14PM
This is a bug, and I am pretty sure the Sibelius guys are aware of it, though I can't find a thread in the forum that confirms this.

I am not aware of the exact conditions where this occurs (I can create a score that has a pickup and then start another and it does not have a pickup, so it does not happen every time), and I don't really have a better workaround than the one you found.

You could delete the first bar, but then it will lose the title text and anything else attached to that bar. The downloadable Delete Bar Plugin (category Composing Tools) will handle this correctly, and it may be worth installing if you have a lot of these.

--
Bob

Sib 1.2 - 7, Windows 7 Pro SP 1 64 bit, 4 G RAM. Year 2012.
I am an experienced Sibelius user, but am not affiliated with Sibelius Software.
Sib Plugin downloads: www.sibelius.com/download/plugins (see How to Install Plugins; use Vista for Windows 7)
Alphabetical plugin lists: www.bobzawalich.com/DownloadPagePlugins.htm, www.bobzawalich.com/Sib6ShippingPlugins.htm

Posted by ezzerr - 30 Mar 07:16PM
Thanks. ~Ezra

Posted by Daniel Spreadbury - 30 Mar 10:12PM
Yes, this is a bug, and it's fixed in the new Sibelius 7.1.2 update.

--
Contact Sibelius technical help online:
http://www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/contact.html

Contact Sibelius technical help by phone (charges may apply):
USA & Canada: +1 650-731-6106
UK: +44 (0)20 7561 7997
Australia: 1300 652 172
Other countries: www.sibelius.com/support

Posted by Bob Zawalich - 31 Mar 05:53AM
Well, I guess that answers that!

--
Bob

Sib 1.2 - 7, Windows 7 Pro SP 1 64 bit, 4 G RAM. Year 2012.
I am an experienced Sibelius user, but am not affiliated with Sibelius Software.
Sib Plugin downloads: www.sibelius.com/download/plugins (see How to Install Plugins; use Vista for Windows 7)
Alphabetical plugin lists: www.bobzawalich.com/DownloadPagePlugins.htm, www.bobzawalich.com/Sib6ShippingPlugins.htm

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.1: Pickup bar Problems - ezzerr, 30 Mar 06:39PM
     Re: Sib. 7.1: Pickup bar Problems - Bob Zawalich, 30 Mar 07:14PM
         Re: Sib. 7.1: Pickup bar Problems - ezzerr, 30 Mar 07:16PM
             Re: Sib. 7.1: Pickup bar Problems - Daniel Spreadbury, 30 Mar 10:12PM
                 Re: Sib. 7.1: Pickup bar Problems - Bob Zawalich, 31 Mar 05:53AM