'Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Clemens Kemme, 26 Feb 05:30PM
     Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Daniel formerly at Sibelius, 26 Feb 09:11PM
         Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Clemens Kemme, 01 Mar 12:52PM
             Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Daniel formerly at Sibelius, 01 Mar 11:18PM
                 Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Clemens Kemme, 03 Mar 10:40AM
                     Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Robin Walker, 03 Mar 11:39AM
                         Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Clemens Kemme, 03 Mar 02:00PM
                             Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Robin Walker, 03 Mar 02:10PM
                                 Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Clemens Kemme, 03 Mar 09:09PM

Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register
Posted by Clemens Kemme - 26 Feb 05:30PM
Dear Sibelius friends,
Could anybody tell me what is the procedure to follow for a Sibelius user, when he/she buys a new computer?
And, since I learn that support in Dutch is not anymore given by Music Electronics in Belgium (as it used to be), is there a new support address for the Dutch language area?
I still use Sibelius 5.
Thanks in advance!
Clemens Kemme, Amsterdam

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register
Posted by Daniel formerly at Sibelius - 26 Feb 09:11PM
I'm afraid we do not provide Dutch-language support at the moment, Clemens, but it seems like your English is pretty good, so you won't have any problems if you do need to get support from us.

You should use Help > Unregister Sibelius on your existing computer to tell our servers the program is no longer in use there, then use Help > Register Sibelius on your new computer to register. If you have any problems doing this, please complete the form here:

http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation

including your Sibelius serial number and the exact wording of any error message that you see.

--
Contact Sibelius technical help online:
http://www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/contact.html

Contact Sibelius technical help by phone (charges may apply):
USA & Canada: +1 650-731-6106
UK: +44 (0)20 7561 7997
Australia: 1300 652 172
Other countries: www.sibelius.com/support

Posted by Clemens Kemme - 01 Mar 12:52PM
Dear Daniel,
I have done as you told. But on my new computer I cannot register. I get the message 'There was a problem contacting Sibelius on the internet. Check your Internet connection and try again.' I did, it is perfect. Tried again, same message.
(I filled in a form on http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation, although without being enabled to enter the correct date of purchase, which is 14/4/2007).

What can be the problem? Can it be that I had my stuff migrated before unregistering on my old computer? In that case, what should I do?
Thanks!

Clemens

Posted by Daniel formerly at Sibelius - 01 Mar 11:18PM
If you're using a new Mac running Lion, then the problem is that versions of Sibelius earlier than Sibelius 7 cannot register over the Internet on Lion. Choose 'Register using a web browser on this or another computer' in the Register Sibelius dialog, then click Next. Now go to www.sibelius.com/register in a web browser on the same computer (you don't need to use another computer) and follow the instructions on the screen.

--
Contact Sibelius technical help online:
http://www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/contact.html

Contact Sibelius technical help by phone (charges may apply):
USA & Canada: +1 650-731-6106
UK: +44 (0)20 7561 7997
Australia: 1300 652 172
Other countries: www.sibelius.com/support

Posted by Clemens Kemme - 03 Mar 10:40AM
Dear Daniel,

In the meantime I have successfully registered with the kind help of 'RegistrationCaseCreation'. (They emailed me a registration number through which I could register in Sibelius Help.) Your latest comment, though, is helpful in explaining the problem, so thanks.

However, there is a new problem:
When I play a score and press 'M' to adjust the mixer, Sibelius crashes. It repeatedly did.
Do you have a diagnosis and a solution?

Thanks again,
Clemens Kemme

Posted by Robin Walker - 03 Mar 11:39AM
> When I play a score and press 'M' to adjust the mixer, Sibelius crashes. It repeatedly did.

It sounds as if you are not running the most recent Sibelius 5 update. Download and install the latest version from:

http://www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/upgrades.html#5

--
Sibelius 7.1/6.2, PhotoScore Ult 7.0.2, Dolet 6 for Sibelius, Windows 7 32-bit SP1, 4GB RAM

Posted by Clemens Kemme - 03 Mar 02:00PM
Dear Robin,
Thank you. Indeed, I have 5.2 (which may also explain the shaky opening of my Sibelius documents.)
So I tried to do the update. However:
- the update is said to have been made for Snow Leopard. I have Lion. But maybe that's no problem? So I downloaded the update.
- I am asked to make sure I have 5.2.5. A check under 'About Sibelius' tells me I have 5.2.0. (Also this window sometimes won't go away and prevents me from closing the programme.)
So what to do?
Thanks,
Clemens Kemme

Posted by Robin Walker - 03 Mar 02:10PM
Pull down the Sibelius Help menu and select "Check for updates", and do whatever it offers to you. Taking this route, there might be more than one update to run before you get to the very latest version.

--
Sibelius 7.1/6.2, PhotoScore Ult 7.0.2, Dolet 6 for Sibelius, Windows 7 32-bit SP1, 4GB RAM

Posted by Clemens Kemme - 03 Mar 09:09PM
Great, it worked! Thanks!
C

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Clemens Kemme, 26 Feb 05:30PM
     Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Daniel formerly at Sibelius, 26 Feb 09:11PM
         Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Clemens Kemme, 01 Mar 12:52PM
             Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Daniel formerly at Sibelius, 01 Mar 11:18PM
                 Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Clemens Kemme, 03 Mar 10:40AM
                     Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Robin Walker, 03 Mar 11:39AM
                         Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Clemens Kemme, 03 Mar 02:00PM
                             Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Robin Walker, 03 Mar 02:10PM
                                 Re: Sib. 5.x: computer renewal; how to re-register - Clemens Kemme, 03 Mar 09:09PM