'Sib. 7.0: User-defined keyboard shortcuts'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.0: User-defined keyboard shortcuts - BrizzoRay, 21 Feb 01:11PM
     Re: Sib. 7.0: User-defined keyboard shortcuts - Daniel Spreadbury, 21 Feb 08:09PM
         Re: Sib. 7.0: User-defined keyboard shortcuts - Bob Zawalich, 21 Feb 08:36PM
             Re: Sib. 7.0: User-defined keyboard shortcuts - BrizzoRay, 21 Feb 11:41PM

Sib. 7.0: User-defined keyboard shortcuts
Posted by BrizzoRay - 21 Feb 01:11PM
Some time ago I succeeded in creating some keyboard shortcuts in Sibelius 7, including one for the the "^" accent over a note but now I cannot remember which keys I defined for that shortcut and I cannot remember how I created those keyboard shortcuts. I can select "Preferences" and then "Keyboard shortcuts" but I don't know what to do after that.

Questions:
1. How can I see the keyboard shortucts that I created in the past?
1. How can I create more keyboard shortcuts?

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 7.0: User-defined keyboard shortcuts
Posted by Daniel Spreadbury - 21 Feb 08:09PM
You can create more keyboard shortcuts by using the Keyboard Shortcuts page of Preferences, as you've found. Unfortunately there's no good way to see which shortcuts you have already defined, but for things like accents and articulations, look in the 'Keypad (articulations)' category.

--
Contact Sibelius technical help online:
http://www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/contact.html

Contact Sibelius technical help by phone (charges may apply):
USA & Canada: +1 650-731-6106
UK: +44 (0)20 7561 7997
Australia: 1300 652 172
Other countries: www.sibelius.com/support

Posted by Bob Zawalich - 21 Feb 08:36PM
There is no way to get a list of user shortcuts. About all you can do is look at each entry and see if it has a shortcut, which is pretty much non functional, or try assigning a shortcut to something to see if it is assigned to anything.

I had a look at trying to reverse-engineer the file that holds keyboard shortcuts, but I was advised not to do that, so I didn't.

--
Bob

Sib 1.2 - 7, Windows 7 Pro SP 1 64 bit, 4 G RAM. Year 2012.
I am an experienced Sibelius user, but am not affiliated with Sibelius Software.
Sib Plugin downloads: www.sibelius.com/download/plugins (see How to Install Plugins; use Vista for Windows 7)
Alphabetical plugin lists: www.bobzawalich.com/DownloadPagePlugins.htm, www.bobzawalich.com/Sib6ShippingPlugins.htm

Posted by BrizzoRay - 21 Feb 11:41PM
Ray Morris has discovered that the apostrophe (') was mapped to create the marcato accent "^" so all is well. It would help if the next version of Sibelius placed a graphic character after each of the words "Fermata", "Marcato", "Accent", "Tenuto", "Wedge", "Upbow", "Downbow", "Doit", "Plop", "Scoop" and "Fall" so their meanings are clear to all users of the Preferences / Keyboard Shortcuts feature.

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.0: User-defined keyboard shortcuts - BrizzoRay, 21 Feb 01:11PM
     Re: Sib. 7.0: User-defined keyboard shortcuts - Daniel Spreadbury, 21 Feb 08:09PM
         Re: Sib. 7.0: User-defined keyboard shortcuts - Bob Zawalich, 21 Feb 08:36PM
             Re: Sib. 7.0: User-defined keyboard shortcuts - BrizzoRay, 21 Feb 11:41PM