'Sib. 6.x: setting the number of bars per stave'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: setting the number of bars per stave - Katherine SB, 06 Dec 05:33PM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: setting the number of bars per stave - Robin Walker, 06 Dec 05:38PM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: setting the number of bars per stave - Bob Zawalich, 06 Dec 08:12PM

Sib. 6.x: setting the number of bars per stave
Posted by Katherine SB - 06 Dec 05:33PM

Is there a way to set a specific number of bars per line of music? I can't seem to find a way to do this. I am writing a song for beginning violin and want to line one phrase up on each line. How can I set each line to contain only 4 measures?
--
Sibelius 6.2 EDUCATIONAL version
Vista

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 6.x: setting the number of bars per stave
Posted by Robin Walker - 06 Dec 05:38PM
After you have input all your music, you can reformat it into systems by selecting certain bars and selecting Layout -> Format -> Make into System.

--
Sibelius 7.0.3/6.2, PhotoScore Ult 7.0.2, Dolet 6 for Sibelius, Windows 7 32-bit SP1, 4GB RAM

Re: Sib. 6.x: setting the number of bars per stave
Posted by Bob Zawalich - 06 Dec 08:12PM
You can also go to Layout > Auto Breaks > System Breaks > Use Auto Breaks and use the setting of 4.

You can override the auto setting by adding system breaks manually (select a barline and hit Return), or by using some of the other mechanisms in the Layout menu.

--
Bob

Sib 1.2 - 7, Windows 7 Pro SP 1 64 bit, 4 G RAM. Year 2011.
I am an experienced Sibelius user, but am not affiliated with Sibelius Software.
Sib Plugin downloads: www.sibelius.com/download/plugins (see How to Install Plugins; use Vista for Windows 7)
Alphabetical plugin lists: www.bobzawalich.com/DownloadPagePlugins.htm, www.bobzawalich.com/Sib6ShippingPlugins.htm

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: setting the number of bars per stave - Katherine SB, 06 Dec 05:33PM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: setting the number of bars per stave - Robin Walker, 06 Dec 05:38PM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: setting the number of bars per stave - Bob Zawalich, 06 Dec 08:12PM