'Sib. 7.0: Exporting audio '

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.0: Exporting audio - jenkind, 05 Sep 07:34PM
     Re: Sib. 7.0: Exporting audio - Steve Philipp, 05 Sep 09:50PM
         Re: Sib. 7.0: Exporting audio - jenkind, 06 Sep 10:07AM
             Re: Sib. 7.0: Exporting audio - Bob Zawalich, 06 Sep 04:08PM

Sib. 7.0: Exporting audio
Posted by jenkind - 05 Sep 07:34PM
I'm trying to export my score to an audio file. I go to File/Export, set configuration to Sibelius 7 Sounds. 32-bit depth. When I export it all I get is the top line of the score. I've tried highlighting the whole score and repeating only to get the same result. I must be doing something dumb.

Any help?

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 7.0: Exporting audio
Posted by Steve Philipp - 05 Sep 09:50PM
If you want the whole score, for starters make sure nothing is highlighted. The default will be to export the whole score. Make sure no staves are muted. Do all the instruments play back when you play the score?

--
Sibelius 6.2, iMac - Snow Leopard (Lion is still a cub!) and Dell XPS 420 - Windows 7 (Accidentally formatted in a tragic accident while partitioning the drive) Fedora. 2011.
http://ComposersofSibelius.com

Posted by jenkind - 06 Sep 10:07AM
Thanks Steve. I had something highlighted and that was the problem.

Posted by Bob Zawalich - 06 Sep 04:08PM
The documentation does not really discuss this, but this is how Export Audio works: it exports all the staves that are included in the selection (and only those staves) from the current location of the playback line to the end of the score.

If the playback line is not at the start of the score, Export Audio will ask if you want the playback line moved to the start of the score.

If you do not want to export from the start of the score, it is useful to show the playback line (View > Playback Line in Sib 6, View > Invisibles > Playback Line in Sib 7); if you want to start playback from the start of the selection, type Y, the shortcut for Move Playback Line to Selection.

If you want to export only a part of the score, and not all the way to the end, you can either export to the end and the edit the result in an audio editor, or make a selection and run the Export Selection As Audio plugin. This is a downloadable plugin in Sibelius 6, but ships with Sibelius 7 (Home > Plugins > Other).

--
Bob

Sib 1.2 - 7, Windows 7 Pro SP 1 64 bit, 4 G RAM. Year 2011.
I am an experienced Sibelius user, but am not affiliated with Sibelius Software.
Sib Plugin downloads: www.sibelius.com/download/plugins (see How to Install Plugins; use Vista for Windows 7)
Alphabetical plugin lists: www.bobzawalich.com/DownloadPagePlugins.htm, www.bobzawalich.com/Sib6ShippingPlugins.htm

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.0: Exporting audio - jenkind, 05 Sep 07:34PM
     Re: Sib. 7.0: Exporting audio - Steve Philipp, 05 Sep 09:50PM
         Re: Sib. 7.0: Exporting audio - jenkind, 06 Sep 10:07AM
             Re: Sib. 7.0: Exporting audio - Bob Zawalich, 06 Sep 04:08PM