'Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in Windows Vista'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in Wind... - Randall Beschorner, 20 Sep 07:45PM
     Re: Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in ... - Daniel Spreadbury, 20 Sep 08:29PM
         Re: Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in ... - Louis Sumberg, 20 Sep 10:51PM
             Re: Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in ... - Daniel Spreadbury, 20 Sep 11:03PM
                 Re: Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in ... - Randall Beschorner, 21 Sep 01:09AM
                     Re: Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in ... - Daniel Spreadbury, 21 Sep 08:48AM
                         Re: Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in ... - Frederick RP Howe, 03 Jan 07:18PM

Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in Windows Vista
Posted by Randall Beschorner - 20 Sep 07:45PM
I'm running Sibelius 4.1.5 in Windows Vista sinced the old computer crashed. I'm getting an error message "Mem::Lock () failed:" regardless of printer selected. What is the problem and the solution?

Thanks

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in Windows Vista
Posted by Daniel Spreadbury - 20 Sep 08:29PM
That's a new one on me, Randall. When does this error message appear?

--
Contact Sibelius technical help:
USA & Canada: sibhelpUSA@sibelius.com / 1-888-280-9995
UK: sibhelpUK@sibelius.com / +44 (0)20 7561 7997
Australia: helpAU@sibelius.com / 1300 652 172
Other countries: www.sibelius.com/support

Posted by Louis Sumberg - 20 Sep 10:51PM
FWIW, I got this same message when I was using Sibelius 5 First. It would occur after I had used Sib for awhile. The solution for me was to reboot and then print.

Tech support tried to tell me it was a driver issue, but I had no problems with other programs printing and Sib First was the only program that couldn't print on either printer I use. This was one of the many reasons I moved on to Sib 6, where I've had no problems printing after using it for awhile. Just speculating here, but maybe it's a Vista 64-bit incompatibility with pre-Sib 6 versions.

--
Louis

Sibelius 6.0.1, Windows Vista 64 bit, Dell 2.10 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM

Posted by Daniel Spreadbury - 20 Sep 11:03PM
Randall, are you running Windows Vista 64-bit? Can you confirm when you see the error message?

--

Posted by Randall Beschorner - 21 Sep 01:09AM
To answer questions. The error occurred after I selected [Print] from the File menu and then clicked the [OK] button resulting in the error message-- Mem::Lock () failed:" I am using Windows Vista-64 and the above messages got me to think about how to address compatiblity issues with a 64bit OS.

Under the Windows [Start] menu under "Help and Support" is a section titled Information from Microsoft" with a subheading of "Get your program to work on this version of Windows. I selected that and then chose to run the Program Compatibility Wizard. I then selected Sibelius 4. A following screen offered a list of Windows versions and asked which one worked with Sibelius 4 before. I selected Windows XP Service Pack 2 and it wiz-banged away. After a cold boot I tested the print function on Sibelius 4 and had no problem. I haven't repeated the process enough to state that this is a definite solution but for now I can print.

Thank you Louis and Daniel for bringing up the 64 bit OS issue.

Randy

Posted by Daniel Spreadbury - 21 Sep 08:48AM
Thanks for closing the loop on this issue, Randy, and I'm glad you're up and running once more.

--

Posted by Frederick RP Howe - 03 Jan 07:18PM
I was glad to find Randy's solution, as posted above, having encountered exactly the same problem as he originally had. However all my attempts to access the Program Compatibility Wizard have been frustrated by an error message which apparently bars me from selecting the program I wish to apply the Wizard to (the box which I guess is meant to list all programs is blank, with just a red cross in the top left hand corner).

Can you help?

Freddie Howe

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in Wind... - Randall Beschorner, 20 Sep 07:45PM
     Re: Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in ... - Daniel Spreadbury, 20 Sep 08:29PM
         Re: Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in ... - Louis Sumberg, 20 Sep 10:51PM
             Re: Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in ... - Daniel Spreadbury, 20 Sep 11:03PM
                 Re: Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in ... - Randall Beschorner, 21 Sep 01:09AM
                     Re: Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in ... - Daniel Spreadbury, 21 Sep 08:48AM
                         Re: Sib. 4.x: Help Needed in Printing Parts in ... - Frederick RP Howe, 03 Jan 07:18PM