'Sib. 5.2.5: Kontakt Player 2/Sib Sounds Essentials problems after new Vista install'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 5.2.5: Kontakt Player 2/Sib Sounds Essenti... - Justin Tokke, 06 Jan 06:53AM
     Re: Sib. 5.2.5: Kontakt Player 2/Sib Sounds Ess... - Sam @ Sibelius, 06 Jan 02:57PM
         Re: Sib. 5.2.5: Kontakt Player 2/Sib Sounds Ess... - Justin Tokke, 06 Jan 09:58PM
             Re: Sib. 5.2.5: Kontakt Player 2/Sib Sounds Ess... - Sam @ Sibelius, 07 Jan 11:32AM

Sib. 5.2.5: Kontakt Player 2/Sib Sounds Essentials problems after new Vista install
Posted by Justin Tokke - 06 Jan 06:53AM (edited 06 Jan 06:55AM)
I just got a brand new Vista PC and installed Sibelius on it. The inital installation went off without a hitch and the first time loading the program was fine. But then, after a I used the program a second time, a series of errors related to Sibelius Sounds Essentials came up.
The error messages are attached below.

Error 1 & 2:
Sound samples are missing from Kontakt Player as Sibelius starts up. These do not exist if the Kontakt Player is de-selected on the Playback Devices dialouge. I click "Browse for Files" and navigate to Sibelius Sounds' program file location. The files are apparently found and sounds continue to load. The process repeats a second time (for the second instance of Kontakt Player, 2 instances).

Then Sibelius actually starts up as normal. But once I open a score (any score, this problem isn't exclusive to one score), it gives me Error 3 when trying to load the sounds for the score. When it plays back the sounds are all wrong, i.e. the wrong sounds for the wrong instruments.

I have tried reinstalling to no avail.

Computer is a brand new Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit. 6 GB RAM, 680 GB Hard drive, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.34GHz

Any (hasty) help is greatly appreciated!
--
Justin Tokke
Composer, Trombonist
JustinTokke.com
Attachments error 1.jpg (47K), error 2.jpg (47K), error 3.jpg (12K)

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 5.2.5: Kontakt Player 2/Sib Sounds Essentials problems after new Vista install
Posted by Sam @ Sibelius - 06 Jan 02:57PM
Hi Justin,

Errors 1 and 2 will be caused by the large samples files being corrupt or missing. Best thing to do is to explore the Sibelius 5 DVD into the Other Applications folder. From there copy the Sibelius Sounds Essentials_001.nkx and Sibelius Sounds Essentials_002.nkx files into the location where you installed the Essentials library (by default C:\Program Files\Sibelius Software\Sibelius Sounds\Essentials). These .nkx files need to be along side the other .nkx and .nkc files.

Error 3 is caused when Sibelius can't find the .nki instrument files. Firstly, make sure you are using Sibelius 5.2.5 (in Sibelius go to Help, Check for updates). Once you're on Sibelius 5.2.5 have a look at the following Helpcenter Article that goes through all the solutions:

http://www.sibelius.com/A559

Hope this gets you up and running. On a related topic, you may find this article helpful too:

http://www.sibelius.com/A569

Sam

--
Contact Sibelius technical help:
North/Central/South America: sibhelpUSA@sibelius.com / 925-280-2101
UK: sibhelpUK@sibelius.com / +44 (0)20 7561 7997
Australia: sibhelpAU@sibelius.com / 08 82 771 722
Other countries: contact your distributor (www.sibelius.com/buy for details)

Re: Sib. 5.2.5: Kontakt Player 2/Sib Sounds Essentials problems after new Vista install
Posted by Justin Tokke - 06 Jan 09:58PM
Yes! It works now! Thanks so much Sam.

For some reason, the location was set at C:\___gram Files\Sibelius Software\Sibelius Sounds\Essentials I'd assume that means there's corruption there. But after I switched it manually, it worked.
--
Justin Tokke
Composer, Trombonist
http://www.justintokke.com>JustinTokke.com

Posted by Sam @ Sibelius - 07 Jan 11:32AM
Great. Glad to hear it.

Sam

--
Contact Sibelius technical help:
North/Central/South America: sibhelpUSA@sibelius.com / 925-280-2101
UK: sibhelpUK@sibelius.com / +44 (0)20 7561 7997
Australia: sibhelpAU@sibelius.com / 08 82 771 722
Other countries: contact your distributor (www.sibelius.com/buy for details)

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 5.2.5: Kontakt Player 2/Sib Sounds Essenti... - Justin Tokke, 06 Jan 06:53AM
     Re: Sib. 5.2.5: Kontakt Player 2/Sib Sounds Ess... - Sam @ Sibelius, 06 Jan 02:57PM
         Re: Sib. 5.2.5: Kontakt Player 2/Sib Sounds Ess... - Justin Tokke, 06 Jan 09:58PM
             Re: Sib. 5.2.5: Kontakt Player 2/Sib Sounds Ess... - Sam @ Sibelius, 07 Jan 11:32AM